Talib Kweli & Mannie Fresh Talk The Cash Money Story, Lil Wayne, Scott Storch | People’s Party Full
In this episode of “People’s Party With Talib Kweli,” Kweli and Jasmin Leigh sit down with legendary New Orleans DJ, producer, rapper:
Below are just a few of the topics covered with a man that owns the legacy as an integral part of what would become the New Orleans hip hop signature sound.
• New Orleans’ rich history of music and how that inspired Mannie.
• Mannie’s mother being a teacher and his father being a New Orleans DJ legend in his own right.
• Forming one of the first New Orleans hip hop crews with ‘New York Incorporated’.
• His long-time friendship with renowned musician Trombone Shorty.
• Manny’s work with Big Freedia: Queen of Bounce.
• The humble beginnings of Cash Money Records.
• Juvenile and his incredible freestyle abilities.
• Cash Money’s defining moment with ‘Back That Azz Up’.
• Lil’ Wayne and his evolution into a lyrical juggernaut.
• The criticism of Cash Money and their bling brand of hip hop.
• The recent Verzuz battle with Scott Storch and the backlash that followed.
All this and much more as they delve deeply into Cash Money Records and New Orleans hip-hop history.