•What first got you into music?
– when I was a Kid around 5-6 years old I use to listen to Eminem constantly. In my childhood, I would move around a lot, and listening to Eminem rap helped me withstand all the b.s. It helped me to not care about what people say and just be me. being the new kid all the time was lonely so I emerged into writing my own music to express myself and conquer my loneliness.
•Who inspired you to make music?
– As I said Eminem was a big inspiration for making me want to make music, but that’s not all. My family is big on music. My mother has her master’s in, and every kid on my mothers side was forced to play an instrument as a kid until they mastered it. As was I, and the instrument I ended up getting stuck with was the Cello. Which I can’t lie opened up a lot of unexpected doors for me.
•How would you describe the music that you typically create?
– So my music is created with what I’m going through at that particular moment or with what I’m doing or have done. Now are feelings, emotions, opinions, and even perspectives change constantly. As does my music. I love making hip-hop, some time’s melodic, and sometimes bar for bar with punch lies. I also love to R&B, Reggae, and Dancehall. I grew up on the Island of Bermuda at different times in my life, and their soul in their music was embedded into me.
•What is your creative process like?
– my creative process can consist of many different things. I drive a lot so i write a lot of my songs while on the road listening to beats and driving with my knee. Other things I like to do is sit down by myself in a studio or wherever with a glass of liquor and a pen and pad. I feel like solitude brings out the best creativity. helps you evaluate everything and create a song from how you truly feel.
•Who would you most like to collaborate with?
– Now this is a tough question. as far as who poppin right now I would like to do a song with lil baby and Dababy. but for older rappers, it would be Eminem, lil wayne, and Rihanna. I would like to do a song with any female artist that can sing.
•If you could go open a show for any artist who would it be?
– I like the energy that Lil Baby puts out there so I feel like that would be a good lane for me.
•What is one message you would give to your fans?
– The one message I want to give to my fans is to be True to yourself. Don’t follow the herd. It’s taken lots of trial and error to finally find myself and be comfortable with being who I truly am.
•What is the most useless talent you have?
– The most useless Talen I have would probably be that I know how to juggle really well.
•Do you sing in the shower? What songs?
– I sing in the shower every time, it’s a place of serenity to come up with new ideas. I only sing my music or I am trying to come up with a new vibe for one of my songs in the future.
•What would you be doing right now, if it wasn’t for your music career?
– That’s the real question. And I just don’t know.
•Where have you performed? What are your favorite and least favorite venues? Do you have any upcoming shows?
– I have performed at a few different strip clubs, I also performed at an event in Ann Arbor put on by David Blue.
•How do you feel the Internet has impacted the music business?
– I feel that the internet has made the music industry more accessible but also overflowed with too many people not truly taking music seriously. So Obviously change is going to happen, I can’t be anything but happy with it.
•What is your favorite song to perform?
– One of my favorite songs to perform is one of my more serious songs because it just expresses a real strong feeling I was feeling at one point in my life. The song is called “Smoked.” The song talks about feeling like someone is plotting on you or trying to kill you, so you’re constantly looking over your shoulder.
•Which famous musicians do you admire?
– I admire Eminem because of all he has done to change the rap game. I admire Lil Wayne because he is just a legend and probably one of the biggest influences on the hip-hop culture. I admire Gucci for all the troubles he has faced to continue to pursue his music career independently and make himself into one of the most respected people in rap. Another artist I admire is Ed Sheeran for how he could continue to play his instrument and sing with his whole crowd surrounding him and people hanging on his shoulder and constantly touching him. I admire so many that I could go all day, these are just the first that popped into my head.
•What is the most trouble you’ve ever gotten into?
-I went to prison for 5 years for felon in possession of a firearm in furtherance of a drug trafficking crime when i was 19.
•What is the best advice you’ve been given?
– To never be too cautious, stay prepared, and be patient.
•If you could change anything about the industry, what would it be?
– My LLC. is called “Murda Mitten Entertainment” I believe in where I am from, and I believe there is so much talent in Michigan that just goes unseen. So my dream is to turn Michigan into a new hub for the hip-hop industry like the ATL, and California scene.
•What’s next for you?
– I have a couple of features in the works coming from some well-known Artist’s that I plan to drop. I’m looking for the best manager I can find who is on the up and up, and I’m going to continue to promote myself through my shows and social media while exploring new marketing methods along the way. New videos dropping every month. New songs dropping every month. Stay working…..