Craziest Moments In Hip-Hop 2021
From Kodak Black grabbing his mother’s butt to Kimye breaking up, 2021 was not without some crazy moments. Here are some that topped our list and we would be lying if we didn’t say we were happy they were over.
- Kodak Black Feels Up His Mother – As if being country wasn’t sometime viewed as a downfall, Kodak set us all back when a video showed him grabbing his mother’s butt during a dance between the two and he attempts to kiss her on the mouth. When social media quickly announced his disdain with his display, he addressed the backlash saying “I grab my mama ’cause, bitch, I treat my mama like my lady. That’s my Queen, nigga,” “Fuck you talkin’ ’bout, boy. That’s my Z queen. So what? She ain’t trippin’. I don’t fuck my mama. We ain’t doing no crazy shit. Nigga, I grab her, I make her feel real beautiful.” Tell us what you think….
NAWWW BRO WHAT IS KODAK DOING??💀💀 pic.twitter.com/2FAqYWr23t
— IG: @simpleass (@simpleasss) October 11, 2021
2. Rihanna Pregnant With ASAP Rocky’s Baby – All of Riri fake lovers took to twitter to discuss their hurt for an announcement that alluded to Rihanna being pregnant. She recently was present for an award she received in her beloved home Barbados and news quickly began to wonder if the superstar was with child. Here is what some of you thought.
When someone mentions A$AP Rocky around me pic.twitter.com/WdrxRFLEZM
— IG: @simpleass (@simpleasss) December 1, 2021
3. Kim Kardashian Leaves Kanye For Pete – Social media exploded when pictures surfaced of Kim traveling to Staten Island to spend time with Pete Davidson. Kim has moved with forward to filing for divorce, yet Kanye has told everyone that would listen that he wants his wife and his family. Even singing her name in a rendition of Runaway during his Free Larry Hoover concert with his former rival Drake.
— Positivity Has A Purpose (@PositivityHasAP) December 10, 2021
4. Boosie vs Lil Nas X – When Lil Nas X joked about performing Industry Baby with Jack Harlow naked as he does in his video, Boosie took to social media to say that he felt Nas X was pushing his gay agenda on young children. Social media erupted in a frenzy which placed Boosie under the title of homophobic. Boosie retorted on his Breakfast Club interview “Nah, because I just be feeling like sometimes I gotta speak up because as far as straight people in the world, you don’t have an opinion no more on sexuality.” Poking at the bear, Lil Nas X then joked that he has a song coming out with Boosie. Despite the back and forth, Boosie says that he listens to his music and Lil Nas X doesn’t seem at all bothered by Boosie.
Boosie isn't mad that Lil Nas X is queer.
Boosie is mad that a queer Black rapper is doing better than him in an industry that has built its foundation in homophobia.
— DoctorJonPaul (They/Them/Tired)✊🏾🏳️🌈🎄 (@DoctorJonPaul) October 23, 2021
5. Nicki Minaj Vs COVID-19 vaccination – Fans were hurt when Nicki Minaj pulled out of the VMAs only to learn that she had contracted COVID-19. “They want you to get vaccinated for the Met,” she told her fans on Twitter. “If I get vaccinated it won’t for the Met. It’ll be once I feel I’ve done enough research. I’m working on that now. In the meantime my loves, be safe. Wear the mask with 2 strings that grips your head & face. Not that loose one.” She then went on to share that her cousin’s friend’s testicles became swollen after taking the vaccine. The internet exploded and announcements were made to dispel her comments by health officials from Trinidad. Nicki claimed that Twitter suspended her account and the White House invited her for a visit. Reps from both sides denied the statements. Since then, Nicki has never made any other statements surrounding COVID-19.
My cousin in Trinidad won’t get the vaccine cuz his friend got it & became impotent. His testicles became swollen. His friend was weeks away from getting married, now the girl called off the wedding. So just pray on it & make sure you’re comfortable with ur decision, not bullied
— Nicki Minaj (@NICKIMINAJ) September 13, 2021