Talib Kweli & Blueface On Snoop Dogg, TikTok, Boxing, Skid Row, Gangs, 6ix9ine | People’s Party Full
In this episode of “People’s Party With Talib Kweli,” Kweli and Jasmin Leigh sit down with rapper:
Here’s what we got into on this one:
• The 90’s rappers that Blue’s style has been compared to.
• Black and Latino relations in his hometown of Mid-City, LA.
• Breaking down lyrics from ‘Outside (Better Days)’.
• Oakland’s contribution to hip hop and how living there shaped him.
• Criticism of his off-beat style of rapping coming from the East Coast.
• ‘DeadLocs’ being the first song to get real notice on SoundCloud.
• Using guerrilla marketing tactics to escalate his notoriety.
• How being a Crip has been a double-edged sword as a recording artist.
• His song ‘Respect My Crypn’ putting a target on his back at home.
• Love for Snoop Dogg and his status as a West Coast legend.
• Getting signed to Cash Money West after linking up with Wack 100.
• His collaboration with Cardi B on ‘Thotiana’ being a game-changer.
• Blue’s past of being in a relationship with two women at the same time.
• Experiences working with video director Cole Bennett.
• Backlash over a video of Blue throwing money to people on LA’s Skid Row.
• Getting put on blast over lyrics in his song ‘Disrespectful’.
• Blue’s warning to rappers about LA after the murder of Pop Smoke.
• His claim of sleeping with over 1000 women in six months.
• Controversy over women sleeping in bunk beds at one of Blue’s houses.
• How the boxing match against TikToker Kane Trujillo all came together.
• Blue expands on his response to Jake Paul’s trolling of him.
• The chances of a boxing match between Blue and rapper 6ix9ine.
• Blue using the platform of TikTok to his full advantage.
• His love of Hennesy and Talib letting them sponsor his wedding.
• How he got into the restaurant biz with ‘Blue’s Fish and Soul’.
• The enormous potential of his protege rapper ChriseanRock.
• What’s next for Blueface.