Talib Kweli & Master P Talk No Limit, Playing Pro Ball, E-40, Lil Romeo, Mia X | People’s Party Full
In this episode of “People’s Party With Talib Kweli,” Kweli and Jasmin Leigh sit down with rapper, actor, record producer and entrepreneur:
Here’s some of what we dug into with a man who proved that with grind and determination anything is achievable.
• Coming up in the infamous New Orleans’ Calliope Projects.
• His grandfather’s legacy being the driving force for P’s success.
• A brief stint playing in the NBA for both the Charlotte Hornets and Toronto Raptors.
• Expanding on why people should pray for wisdom over money.
• How P was influenced by E-40’s independent hustle after moving to the Bay Area.
• Mia X being hailed as the mother of Southern Gangsta Rap.
• The moment that P realized he reached real success after MTV cribs paid him a visit.
• Why he turned down a million dollar offer from Jimmy Iovine.
• Deals made with Pen & Pixel as well as the Source magazine.
• What it was like with Snoop joining the No Limit roster.
• P’s latest products ‘Rap Snacks’ noodles and ‘Hoody Hoos!’ cereal.
• Companies like Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben’s being a mockery.
• P and his son Lil’ Romeo giving guidance to future black-owned businesses.
• BET’s ‘No Limit Chronicles’ series, documenting the life of P.
• Foundation ‘Team H.O.P.E. NOLA’ helping at risk-youth as well as the elderly.