Tell us about your latest releases,what inspired you to create them?
– I have 2 singles out right now; “James Spann”,which was inspired by a well known meteorologist in my state. Every time James Spann takes his jacket off the weather is very bad. The hook of the song references that… “Imma make it rain when I take my jacket off,James Spann”. I also have a single feat Jaxxxon called “Make You Say”. This was inspired by all the beautiful and amazing women who are talented in so many ways, just take a listen!
What is unique about you and your music?
– It literally does not sound like anyone else you have heard. I am very true to myself and the consumers of my music. My lyrical content is factual and my flow is a great representation of southern greatness.
What shaped your music?
– Aspirations of a better life for my family, emotions I deal with as I live life,and being raised in the south.
When did you realize you were going to make music professionally?
– When I did my first major show with Ace Hood December 2012 in my hometown. I rocked it! The feeling was incredible to perform my original music and get that much love from brand new fans. I knew I would never stop at that point!
What type of music do you listen to?
– I listen to everything! I mean everything! I don’t box myself in and give all music a chance.If it makes me feel good,I let it take me away!
What inspires you to write music?
– I am a sporadic writer. I get inspired by my moods. I may not write for months at a time and have some occur that changes my mood. At that point,I get inspired to write and capture that moment in life. It’s somewhat therapeutic.
What do you do when you don’t do music (creative or otherwise) and that you are passionate about?
– I am very passionate about being a good father and being a great businessman when it comes to my company, Q Dot Davis Promotions.
Happiness to you is…
– Happiness is peace. Period. Whatever brings you peace, chase it relentlessly.
What do you wish you were told when you first started making music that you think would help artists just starting out?
– Enjoy the journey! Don’t focus on materialistic things. Enjoy every small come up, the grind is the fun part.
Tell us about your upcoming projects…
– I have an upcoming solo project call “34” I plan to drop in December. Also a collaborative project with Jaxxxon called “H.A.R.D.”, Hustlin And Ridin Dirty, it’s finished and is in final stages before a release. Look for it in the next few months.
Any last words for the readers?
– Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. The really great make you feel that you can become great too.